Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tell me all your secrets

I'm giving my students a questionnaire tomorrow. Never used this before, so let me know what you think ...

To help me get to know you better, and ultimately to teach you better, please answer these questions as best you can. If there is a question you do not feel comfortable answering, feel free to leave it blank.

1) What is your favorite subject in school?

2) What is your best subject?

3) Have you ever traveled outside of the state or country? If so, where?

4) Do you speak another language? If so, which one? How well do you speak it?

5) Do you work after school or during the summer? If so, where?

6) What’s something you can do better than most people can? (i.e., playing guitar, soccer, listening to friends)

7) If you had a choice, would you rather:

  • Take a test
  • Write an essay
  • Create a skit
  • Give an oral presentation
  • Make some sort of visual (poster, brochure, etc.)

8) I learn the most when

  • The teacher talks and I take notes
  • I read and take notes
  • I discuss information with other people
  • I have to do something with the information

9) Which question do you find most interesting:

  • Does money make the world go round?
  • Why are there “winners” and “losers” in history?
  • What is “civilization?”

10) Have you ever been doing something and had the feeling that you were so energized and focused, you lost track of time? If so, what were you doing?

11) Rank the following from 1-5 (1 being most interesting to you, 5 being the least)

  • Women’s history
  • Sports history
  • History of music
  • Art history
  • History of social classes

12) Anything else I should know about you?

No comments: