This is a first for me -- my Fairy Blogfather, Peter Pappas, has tagged me in a "Five Reasons Why I Blog" meme. I am honored! And I will do my best to reflect on my blogging as ably as my Friday-afternoon oatmeal-like brain will allow.
1. I'm obsessed with sharing news stories. My friends and family, and even casual acquaintances, will corroborate that fact.
2. I'm an introvert, but deep down I really thrive on connecting with other people.
3. It's a little bit transgressive. Especially when I do it at work, which I'm doing right now.
4. "Community" is one of my favorite words.
5. I'm a writer at heart and love clicking on the word "publish."
In the ~3.5 years I've been blogging, I have never stopped to think about why I do it! In the spirit of community, I'm going to go ahead and tag some fellow bloggers who are (or have been) social studies teachers, and who help me to keep on chugging: Leo, He Who Can't, Dan, historyiselementary, and Polski3.