Friday, July 24, 2009

AP World History - Help!

For the past two years I've team-taught a humanities class with one of the school's founders, a veteran language arts teacher. We bill it as a college-style seminar. The first year we tackled disease in history and read Guns, Germs and Steel. Last year we examined the question "What is the American Dream?" and read books in literary circles from the Grapes of Wrath up to There Are No Children Here.

This year my partner, also my boss, has decided to shed that responsibility, but still wants me to offer an advanced-level seminar. I did a bit of research and decided to teach a course around the AP World History exam.

My dear readers: Have any of you ever worked with this exam? Have you taught this curriculum? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? Do you have any suggestions? I am an AP virgin and any/all advice would be so helpful!!

1 comment:

The Search for Answers said...

If you want to know more about AP world history from the point of a student check out this blog:
blogginghistories.blogspot.com