Tuesday, August 01, 2006

You can't dis Dewey!

New Old School Teacher making the bigtime as a guest blogger on Eduwonk. I have to say I've long thought of her as my blogging nemesis -- she, like I, is a candidate for a Masters/certification in social studies education at an unnamed education school in New York City. However, she, unlike I, is a bit of a right-winger. I admit to sitting in my classes, listening for tell-tale rightwinginess among my classmates, wondering if my one of them was my nemesis. (At some point I concluded that she must be a student at TC, not NYU, my unnamed school.)

Nemesis that she may be, I can't say that I am overly pleased with the program I'm in at my unnamed education school in New York City. (As I've expressed before here and here.) But at least I don't dis Dewey.

1 comment:

Andrew Pass said...

I think it's unbelievable how comfortable people are writing and blogging without using their real names. I think it's a shame that many people don't truly identify themselves. After all, how much value can be put into what someone is saying if the writer doesn't even value it enough to take credit for it? At the same time, I did something a little unusual today. I called somebody with whom I'd previously only communicated online. To some extent this felt like I was breaking an important rule of the web. But then again, just because we have new technology doesn't mean we can't use old technology. Just because we have new technology doesn't mean that we should forget our own names.

Andrew Pass (and yes, this is my real name.)
http://www.Pass-Ed.com/blogger.html